Paclobutrazol #790690

Hi, We have 6 large bur oak trees in our back year that were treated for oak wilt a couple years ago. They came back nicely and look like they’re budding well this year also. The arborist that recommended the oak wilt treatment is now recommending a paclobutrazol treatment to make sure they continue be healthy. It is a very expensive recommendation and we were wondering if you could please let us know how necessary and effective you feel this treatment would be? Thanks so much for your time, Emily

Olmsted County Minnesota

Paclobutrazol is a fungicide that, among other uses, is used to treat oaks for oak wilt.  It may be a matter of personal choice for you.  I am giving you a link to our publication on oak wilt.  Please open the drop down boxes, especially the one on Chemicals.  You also may want to have a second opinion by having another certified arborist make a house call.  I also am giving you a link to their web page.  
Oak wilt in Minnesota | UMN Extension   
TreesAreGood.org

Barbara Harlan Replied May 14, 2022, 9:12 AM EDT