Master Gardener #763098 - Ask Extension

Master Gardener #763098

Good afternoon. I would like to participate in the fall Master Gardener Program, but my county isn't participating in the online training, and if they keep the same training schedule they have had in the past I wouldn't be able to participate (during the week in the morning and afternoon). Would it be possible to take the online training through another county? I am about a 5 minute walk from the Prince George's County line and I see that they are doing the online training. Thank you in advance.

Montgomery County Maryland

Hi Branden,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, our PG County group already has enough volunteers from within the county to fill the available spots. Our Montgomery County group will likely be training again in the spring. I will touch base with the Montgomery County coordinator regarding the scheduling constraints, and will have him reach out to you.

All the best,

Stephanie Pully

Stephanie Pully Replied July 21, 2021, 10:05 PM EDT
Thank you. The Montgomery County Coordinator did reach out to me and the course will indeed be during the day, which doesn't work for my schedule. Are any spots for the online training open for Anne Arundel County?

Branden

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021, 10:05 PM Ask Extension <askextension@eduworks.com> wrote:
B VW Replied July 23, 2021, 5:49 PM EDT

Hi Branden,

I could connect you with the coordinator in Anne Arundel County to see if there are still spots available, however, because the local programs receive funding from the counties, the spots are reserved for those that live in the county first. You would also need to complete your volunteer service in Anne Arundel County, so you'll need to consider if that will work for you. If you would like me to connect you with the Master Gardner Coordinator for Anne Arundel County, please let me know.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Stephanie Pully Replied July 24, 2021, 10:41 AM EDT