Something is damaging my dwarf Burford holly. Can you tell me how to prevent it from happening? #747916 - Ask Extension

Something is damaging my dwarf Burford holly. Can you tell me how to prevent it from happening? #747916

What is damaging my Burford holly?

Brazos County Texas

I'm not able to see much from the photo. Can you take and submit a couple more photos closer up and in very sharp focus. Perhaps one of the plant a little closer in and one of a branch with foliage and bare areas that is very close up. Again, check the focus quality before posting so I can provide the most accurate assessment.
Robert Richter Replied May 04, 2021, 12:25 PM EDT
imageimageimage

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2021, at 11:25 AM, Ask Extension <askextension@eduworks.com> wrote:

Kathy Dillon Replied May 04, 2021, 12:33 PM EDT
Thanks for the photos. I don't see any sign of something that might have eaten the foliage. Perhaps if there was a pest, it came and left. Watch them over the coming week and if additional foliage is lost, you might try using a carbaryl (Sevin dust) spray as it will control a wide variety of insects. I suspect that this may not be needed however and so let's hope that is the case.
Robert Richter Replied May 04, 2021, 12:52 PM EDT