Backyard apple and pomegranate varieties that grow successfully in Charlotte #732189 - Ask Extension

Backyard apple and pomegranate varieties that grow successfully in Charlotte #732189

Do you have a list of apple varieties and pomegranate varieties that grow successfully in Charlotte? I want to grow 2 different varieties of apple and 2 different varieties of pomegranate in my backyard garden. Would like each variety to have successive harvest times to extend the harvest season. I plan to plant bareroot trees in January. I will keep them small by strategic pruning. What are the best root stocks for apple trees and what root stocks for pomegranates? This will be my 1st experience with fruit trees and I am really excited. Thank you so much!!!

Mecklenburg County North Carolina

Thank you for your question. Effective 11/2, North Carolina is no longer participating in Ask an Expert. I suggest you contact your local office for assistance:  https://mecklenburg.ces.ncsu.edu/

Good luck!
Kristena LaMar Replied November 04, 2020, 2:52 PM EST