A cookroach? Booklouse? Bed bugs? Or what? #728648 - Ask Extension

A cookroach? Booklouse? Bed bugs? Or what? #728648

Hi,
I found this thing on my bedroom wall. It was very tiny so I had to zoom the pic. I recently moved to this place.
I had cookroach infestation in my old place, but tried not to bring anything to my new place except my clothes and my laptops. I had really hard time and scared now! Thanks in advance. 

Spokane County Outside United States

This looks like a booklouse.
See more information here: https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ig094

They like moist places so make sure you do not have too much moisture in your house.

Roberto Pereira Replied October 05, 2020, 1:02 PM EDT
I'm so thankful for your response. I'm still not sure which one is worse, a cockroach or a booklouse, but I think cockroach is the worse. I had a very hard time fighting those creepy roaches and I'm still in a panic mood.
May I ask you a question? Any help would be appreciated. I googled it, but couldn't find an answer.
I live in Vienna, Austria, and recently moved to this place, which is a new building apartment. I saw this insect 3 days ago around 10 a.m on my bedroom wall and till today didn't see any more.
Does one booklouse mean an infestation? I live on the 3. floor and since it's a new building I don't have any neighbors yet. There is a terrace door in my bedroom but there are no plants in it and also in the yard. Is it possible this booklouse has come from outside? Do they breed like roaches? I'm scared of having lots of them in a short time.
Sorry for my broken English and thanks a lot in advance.
The Question Asker Replied October 06, 2020, 5:47 AM EDT
Booklice need high moisture to survive indoors.  They feed on fungi, and the infestation you have may be due to the fact that some moisture may have persisted in some part of the apartment from the time of construction. Booklice will not be as bad as cockroaches, but make sure there is proper air circulation and no moist areas in the apartment. They may come from trees and plants outdoor, so make sure trees do not touch the building.

Vienna ?!  Not bad! If you want to see some real bugs and really high populations, you should come to Florida (USA)!  Good luck.

Roberto Pereira Replied October 06, 2020, 8:01 AM EDT
Thank you so much for your time and explanation. Actually I moved to this apartment one month ago and I saw this booklouse just 3 days ago. since there is NO tree or plants in the terrace or yard, can it be transferred with the second-hand couch that I bought from a friend only two days ago before seeing this booklouse? I was pretty sure that there is no cookrouch in her house but had no Idea about other insects. So I think I made a mistake and bought that couch.
I checked the sofa with flashlight but didn't find anythings.
I really appreciate your help and am sorry for bothering you and taking your time.

regards

The Question Asker Replied October 06, 2020, 10:28 AM EDT
Sometimes insects just wander in and no real infestation exists.  Good Luck!
Roberto Pereira Replied October 06, 2020, 11:08 AM EDT