Ant Identification #725983 - Ask Extension

Ant Identification #725983

Can you help me determine what type of ant is this especially its specie? I’m from Philippines and I caught these at home. Hoping for your response. Thanks!

Kent County Outside United States

Hello!
I'm sorry, but the pictures are not clear enough for me to count the segments of the antennae nor the segments between the abdomen and the thorax. Also, it would be helpful to know the geographic location of the picture and the overall length of the ant. 

Having said that, the ant with its stripped abdomen resembles an Odorous or Odoriferous House Ant. I have attached a snapshot of one that you might be able to see more detail than what the pictures show. As the name implies (odor), if you smash a few they smell sour like an uncleaned gas station bathroom. For control see: https://agrilife.org/aes/files/2014/06/Managing-Household-Ant-Pests.pdf

Vincent Mannino Replied September 22, 2020, 10:17 AM EDT