bacterial leaf scorch disease in red oaks #700282 - Ask Extension

bacterial leaf scorch disease in red oaks #700282

Where can I learn more about this disease?, I have had two antibiotic treatments, last year and the prior year.(systemic root flare injection treatment) but to no avail. The tops of the branches have no or few leaves (no new growth) , though the rest of the tree looks OK. Do you think there is any hope for this tree not to continue on this path?

Baltimore County Maryland

We would like to see photos of the tree so we can see what you are dealing with.
Send photos of the whole tree, around the base of the tree, and affected foliage.

Infected trees may continue to persist in the landscape if symptomatic branches and dead wood is pruned out promptly. Antibiotic trunk injections, administered by a licensed arborist, have shown promise but they only relieve symptoms and don’t provide a cure.  Here is our web page and video for more information
https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/bacterial-leaf-scorch-trees

Marian