Scheduled Ask Extension System Maintentance This Weekend

Maintenance is scheduled for this Saturday February 27th from 10:00PM EST until Sunday February 28th 4:00AM EST. Ask Extension will not be accessible during this time.

Recent Freeze #681479 - Ask Extension

Recent Freeze #681479

I’m really worried that all of my bushes and shrubs died because of the recent cold snap in DFW. Leaves are all brown and about to fall off. They typically don’t do that during the winters. Anything I can do to save them?

Denton County Texas

https://www.orangeleader.com/2021/02/20/master-gardener-what-to-do-with-plants-after-a-freeze/

Please do not move too quickly on this.  Water your plants thoroughly and give them some space and time to recover.  You will be surprised how many come back.

I expect to receive much correspondence on this issue as we move into March.  In the meanwhile, the above article is very good at giving you advice on how to proceed. 

When you have specific issues with specific plants please send a picture with your questions.

thank you

Ann

Denton County Master Gardeners Replied February 22, 2021, 7:44 PM EST