What is wrong with my lawn #661045 - Ask Extension

What is wrong with my lawn #661045

In the fall of 2018 I renovated my lawn and used Jonathan Green Balck Beauty Ultra grass seed. This year it appears that I am dealing with a fungus or underwatering. I am not sure which. Can you take a look at the photos and tell me what I could possibly be dealing with and how to fix the issue?

Thanks!

Weld County Colorado

Thank you for your inquiry. I am doing some research on this matter and will get back with you as soon as possible.

Thank You
Traci
Weld County Colorado Master Gardeners Replied July 10, 2020, 7:30 PM EDT

Thank you for contacting us about your lawn. This appears to be the fungal disease ascochyta. This affects both bluegrass and fescue (which are the types of grass in your seed mix). This is the time of year it becomes very visible (hot, dry after spring) and is managed by appropriate watering. See the following link for more information on the cultural practices that will help. https://extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/yard-garden/ascochyta-leaf-blight-of-turf-2-901/

Best of luck,

Karin

Weld County Colorado Master Gardeners Replied July 11, 2020, 12:27 PM EDT