Siberian iris look parched #645551 - Ask Extension

Siberian iris look parched #645551

Hi,  I'm in Georgetown,  De. About a month ago,  I planted several Siberian irises. Some are doing well, but a bunch look totally dried out.  They're in full sun, west facing and I have no idea what im doing wrong. Im from los angeles and normally do not have a problem.  Im soaker hoses every other day for 30-45 mins. Is there any hope for these or should I just cut my losses.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  

Sussex County Delaware

Siberian irises perform best in moist, well-drained, fertile soils. Siberian irises are usually planted in spring or late summer. To aid establishment, water Siberian irises at least once a week during hot, dry weather. Water when needed for at least one full growing season.

If some of the Iris look good and some look dry, check that the soaker  hoses are watering the plants properly and the soil is draining.  After you have run the watering systems,dig down next to the individual plants to made sure there is moisture but no standing water.
Linda Peters Replied June 06, 2020, 9:25 AM EDT
Thank you! I feel as though,  with this hot weather,  that I should water twice a day.  I have since fixed the soaker horses as well. 
The Question Asker Replied June 06, 2020, 11:17 PM EDT
You are welcome. Please feel free to contact us whenever you have a gardening question.
Linda Peters Replied June 07, 2020, 12:15 AM EDT