Help please #574491 - Ask Extension

Help please #574491

Not sure what is happening to my basil and mint. I’ve only had them for a little under a month and I used miracle grow soil and I keep them outside on a sunny porch but the basil is wilting and spotted and the mint is got holes and not looking right. What can I do to revive them?

Plymouth County Massachusetts

Thank you for your reply,

Based on the pictures you kindly provided, both the basil and the mint plants are looking good. It was a very good decision to grow them indoors, as the weather has been very wet and cool, and that would have led to diseases. I wouldn't worry for a couple of holes on the leaves. Do you have cats? There may be a couple of reasons for the holes (e.g., physical damage caused by people walking by). The green color of the plants is great. Just make sure you don't water the plants too much, nor apply too much MiracleGrow. 

When you harvest leaves, use the damaged leaves first. The plants are, again, looking great.

I hope this helps.
Jaime Pinero Replied June 30, 2019, 1:52 PM EDT