Yellowish yew shrubs #558783 - Ask Extension

Yellowish yew shrubs #558783

We moved to our present home 2 years ago. Each spring there is new growth on my yews but they don’t have a vibrant green color. They always look yellowish through out the year. They are located in full sun all day. They were planted to cover electrical boxes in my front yard. The house is 9 years old so I suspect the yews are that old as well. They grow very slowly. What can I do to improve their color and vibrancy? , Middletown, MD

Frederick County Maryland

Pleases end us photos of the shrubs so we can see what you may be dealing with.  Send photos of the whole shrub, around the base, and affected foliage.

Yews are a shrub that does not like wet feet (poor drainage).  The wet season that we had last year have saturated soils and this may have lead to some possible root loss.  Has anything soil grade changes been made recently, etc.  

Marian