This incredible cactus ha... #487373 - Ask Extension

This incredible cactus ha... #487373

This incredible cactus has been in our life since I bought it in a 4inch pot at Home Depot at least 20 years. It is now a little over 7 feet tall at the top of its crown. In its life, it has even blossomed! We bring it outside for the summer and it grows and grows. We bring it inside for the winter and it goes dormant. We are no longer able to take care of it at this height. We would be happy to give it to someone who will love it. If no one takes this lovely, we’d welcome advice on how to safely cut it and make it shorter.

Ramsey County Minnesota

Wow! That is amazing. I suggest contacting the Mc Neely conservatory at Como Park and the Greenhouse director at the UMN. Both have extensive collections. If they are not interested the Arboretum has a small collection and Nextdoor is a good resource for finding a home for plants. http://www.comozooconservatory.org/about/contact/ Lisa E Aston Philander (phil0120) Appointment: Curator CBS Plant/Microbial Biology UMN Twin Cities Email Address: phil0120@umn.edu Internet ID: phil0120 Office Address: 114 Biological Sciences Greenhouse 1534 Lindig Street St Paul, MN 55108 Campus Mail: Plant Biology Room 250 BioSci 6022A (Campus Delivery Code) 1445 Gortner Ave St Paul, MN 55108
Claire Kari Replied September 28, 2018, 7:20 AM EDT