Creepy crawlers in my home - tons of legs! Help! #481893 - Ask Extension

Creepy crawlers in my home - tons of legs! Help! #481893

Hi! Can you please help me identify these creepy crawlers? I moved into a home that’s 18 months old - bought a new couch and some new plants. The guy at Homestead Gardens said they were grubs from the soil but now I don’t know and they keep coming! I find them dead on the floor in the morning on the main level. It’s dark hardwood. The rest of the house is cream carpet so we would never see them. I find 1-6 dead ones a day or every other day - I’m starting to wonder how many live ones are crawling around ! This has been going on since shortly after moving here in May. Thank you so much for your time! 

Anne Arundel County Maryland

These are not grubs but are millipedes.
They are harmless, and nothing to worry about. Just vacuum up the ones you find.
They can only live in moist areas and sometimes come in, especially in wet weather, under door sweeps that need tightening.
Here is our page about them: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/millipedes