What's Happening to my Euphorbia? #430313 - Ask Extension

What's Happening to my Euphorbia? #430313

I recently obtained this plant from someone who had it in full sun. When I took it home, I repotted it using cactus soil plus extra perlite and moved it into a slightly shaded area on my patio. I noticed the branches drooping, so I moved it into an area with bright morning sun (7-12). I lightly water it once week, but this plant does not look as healthy as it did when I first obtained it. Is this damage permanent? Can my plant be saved? I believe it's a Cow's Horn but do not know for sure.

Maricopa County Arizona

Thank you for your question about your Euphorbia.  I am unable to tell whether it is an Euphorbia grandicornus or an E. pseudocactus, but they both require similar care.  Although they are both easy to grow, they don't like too much or too little water, and I suspect your plant is coping with one of those issues.  Here's a link to a care article about the "Cow's Horn."  The drooping may be a response to being re-potted, due to air pockets near the roots, or it may need a dose of fertilizer, which you didn't mention.  Don't give up on it!  Just follow these directions, and get an inexpensive water gauge for the soil, so you don't have to guess.  Good luck!
Kristena LaMar Replied October 09, 2017, 8:10 PM EDT