Hello. Writing to You fro... #413861 - Ask Extension

Hello. Writing to You fro... #413861

Hello. Writing to You from Belarus. 5 years ago I planted 2 hectares of blueberries. The soil at the site is loam. Digging a trench 40cm deep and wide, peppered sour peat. Blueberries were planted on the crest. In the spring plants die. Help!!!! What happened? A cable irrigation, could moisture a lot? In our country there are no people who would be understood well in the blueberries. Please write what it could be.

Tazewell County Outside United States

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the dying blueberries. I am assuming it is winter injury but there could also be some problems with Phytophthora root rot perhaps if too much water. If you pull the plants out, are the roots rotted or missing? Or have you seen insect (beetle) grubs feeding on the roots? In that case the roots would have been chewed off and the plant can be pulled out very easily. What is the variety you are growing? Best of luck!
Annemiek Schilder Replied July 13, 2017, 5:35 PM EDT
Also, it looks like something has been eating the leaves or branches. Do you have deer in the area?
Annemiek Schilder Replied July 13, 2017, 5:51 PM EDT
Сорта Патриот, Спартан, и Нортланд. Вредителей замечено не было. Может много воды, или болезнь .. но что теперь можно сделать? Посмотрите, это фото корней и растений в ряду. Помогите разобраться ...
The Question Asker Replied July 13, 2017, 10:46 PM EDT
Foto
The Question Asker Replied July 13, 2017, 10:53 PM EDT