Blue Mist Caryopteris #407248 - Ask Extension

Blue Mist Caryopteris #407248

This was planted last Spring and seemed to do well after planting and over winter. However, it's very bare, has not flowered and has these spots on its leaves. Is this an insect? or fungus? I did not prune it back over the winter as I thought as a new planting, I should wait but maybe that was a mistake. Please advise. Should I return to Merrifield for a different plant?

Montgomery County Maryland

Caryopteris is relatively problems free.  They do, however, require well drained soil, especially over the winter.  Also, they need full sun.  They can get a fungal leaf spot, and would be more prone to this in a too-shady location. 

A moderate pruning might have helped this spring.

Thank you. So is there anything to do now? Too late to prune now. Transplant it to full sun?

doea catmint or something similar so better in partial shade? I actually thought the site was full aún. 
The Question Asker Replied June 15, 2017, 2:33 PM EDT
Take a look at the following link: http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b900
These plants like dry, sunny situations. Wet feet are the most threatening, as the roots can rot.
It will definitely prefer full sun,- say 6-8 hours or more per day as do the majority of blooming plants.
The link above to Missouri Botanical Garden has a nice search engine to look at plants and their cultural requirements/needs.
If you were looking for blue, Centaurea montana can take partial shade, catmint wants full sun.

c m