Possible Tree disease #358961 - Ask Extension

Possible Tree disease #358961

I planted several evergreen about 3 years ago and they are all doing well with the exception of one. The needles are curling up and yesterday I noticed the tree seems to be turning yellow. I've attached three photos for you to review. what type of tree is it? Thank you. rafaelitopz@yahoo.com

Kootenai County Idaho

Thanks for your question.  The tree is a true fir, looks like grand fir.  I am not sure why the needles are turning up, could be herbicide drift, like 2,4-D?  Might be heat stress if in a warm, exposed site. Tree growth looks good and otherwise the tree looks healthy.  I would suggest watering well this time this time of year, deep watering periodically (every couple of weeks) and perhaps applying a little nitrogen fertilizer after you get some fall rain.If there is heavy grass around the tree remove a 3-4 foot area around the tree to reduce competition for moisture.
Paul Oester Replied September 02, 2016, 7:37 PM EDT