BerryBush #338466 - Ask Extension

BerryBush #338466

I have two wild bushes that I did not plant. Can you identify them? Want to know if the Berry's are edible? I live in Redmond Oregon. Thank you.

Deschutes County Oregon

Thank you for your plant identification question.  It is difficult for me to identify the plant from your photos.   Please send the photos to the OSU Deschutes County Master Gardener Plant Clinic email:  deschutesmg@oregonstate.edu .  The Master Gardener on duty will contact you and ask questions that will help to identify the plant.  It is important to accurately identify the plant to determine if the berries are edible.  You may be asked to bring a sample of the plant into the extension office for closer examination.  The OSU Deschutes County Extension office is located at 3893 SW Airport Way, Redmond, OR 97756. 

I also recommend that you call the OSU Master Gardener Plant Clinic at (541) 548-6088, and let the Master Gardener on duty know that you are sending an email with photos.    The Master Gardener can anticipate your email and get back with you as soon as possible.  We always welcome your questions at the OSU Master Gardener Plant Clinic information desk!

Susan Preston Replied July 05, 2016, 5:22 PM EDT