The water I have coming i... #297612 - Ask Extension

The water I have coming i... #297612

The water I have coming into my home I feel we should have tested.I know the water has a high calcium content, at times I have chipped calcium residue off the inside of my commode take. We have had to replace the hot water heater, and 2 commodes because the calcium has clogged them. I had a 2 filter GE whole house water filters installed and within 30 days my filters turn from pure white to brown. I would like to know if you could recommend a place to have the water tested and approximate cost of doing so. Thank you for any information you can provide.

Trumbull County Ohio

I am going to suggest that you contact your local health department.  Here is the link to the Trumbull County Ohio Health Department website: http://www.tcbh.org/ 
I hope that they will be able to direct and assist you.  Thank you for using eXtension.

Heidi Phillips Replied January 27, 2016, 8:58 AM EST