Rodent Control Regulations #271441 - Ask Extension

Rodent Control Regulations #271441

I am trying to see if there are any Rodent Control Regulations that would prevent the situation that we are currently in.  Rodent droppings were noted in a home we were purchasing.  The seller hired a rodent control company.  The company put poison boxes inside the home and sealed the exterior holes.  More than 20 mice and rats died inside the walls.  The smell of decay was overwhelming and it created a contaminated environment.  We hired a different company and they said that a professional company never would have done this because this is the result - a contaminated house.  The original pest company said they did nothing wrong and that it is fine for rodents to die behind the wall - you just leave them there.

El Paso County Colorado

I am not aware of any regulations related to your situation.  However, I would contact the local Health Department and ask them. 

Several years ago I was in an office building that had a similar problem.  We hired a company to come and clean behind the walls.  They had to cut out a section of wall to reach the dead rodents.  Then patch the wall.  The odor was a problem for a while afterwards even though we cleaned with disinfectant and sanitizer.  The insulation was part of the problem.
Marvin Reynolds Replied August 20, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT