Grant monies for equipment and livestock #270876 - Ask Extension


Grant monies for equipment and livestock #270876

Asked August 17, 2015, 4:31 PM EDT

I have 24 acres of pasture land leased indefinitely I was wondering if there was any way to get grant money to buy equipment and livestock so I could farm it for income is this possible?

Lincoln County Kentucky

Expert Response

The Extension Service doesn't have grant money. The Lincoln County Cattlemen's Association takes care of the CAIP Cost Share Funding from the Kentucky Governor's Ag Policy. It is a cost share program, not a grant. 50-50 cost share with the maximum payback of $2000. The association has already disbursed the funds for the year and if available to them next year, they will probably being the disbursing agent again for the CAIP Cost Share program. If you would like, we can add your name and address to our mailing list, as we do send out notifications for them through our agriculture agent's newsletters. You can send your name and address to and we will add you to that mailing list. The Cattlemen's Association also advertises this program through the local newspapers, radio station and the farm supply stores. There is an application and scoring process which is all set up by the Kentucky GOvernor's Ag Policy. Thank you.
Dan Grigson Replied August 21, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT

Loading ...