problem trees? #270790 - Ask Extension

problem trees? #270790

I live at Westmoreland manor and it is going thru some reconstruction, but on top of that, the forestry service decided that 4 wonderful 40-50 year shade trees on Tolman st. needed to be cut down. they are considered nuisance trees. Many residents are very upset. why is this done? The trees blocked traffic noise and provided shade on the north side.

Multnomah County Oregon

Decisions about tree removal depend on the landowner and any tree ordinances or regulations that apply to the location where the trees are rooted. In this case, I expect it is between the owners of Westmoreland Manner and the City of Portland. To find out more about why they decided to remove the trees on Tolman, my advice is to contact the urban forestry department "Portland Trees" with your specific questions and concerns.
https://www.portlandoregon.gov/trees/

phone: (503) 823-TREE (8733)

email: trees@portlandoregon.gov

I hope that they can give you the specific answers you seek.

Glenn Ahrens Replied August 24, 2015, 9:56 PM EDT

Thanks, Glen A  

It gives me at least a direction, to find out  why we are losing so many trees all at once.  Linda S

The Question Asker Replied October 15, 2015, 9:32 PM EDT