Water Test Sample for Well Water (Believed to be leading cause of my Uncle's Cancer) #264095 - Ask Extension

Water Test Sample for Well Water (Believed to be leading cause of my Uncle's Cancer) #264095

Does the Penn State Extension perform water sample testing? In particular, my Uncle is a surgeon and has just beat his second bout of cancer. He believes that fracking may have contaminated his well water and needs to get his water tested for insecticides/fracking contaminate/etc.... I am a May 2015 College of Engineering Grad from Penn State and hope that someone can help us/me. Please direct me to someone who can assist us. Thank you, Matthew Reading

Westmoreland County Pennsylvania

I responded to your email prior to this and it's easier to communicate via phone and email on this, but you added two things here.

Insecticides are chemicals used to kill insects and have nothing to do with fracking.

"believed to be leading cause of my uncle's cancer" - it would be helpful to know the background for that.

Please call me or have your uncle call me.
Amy Galford Replied July 24, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT