PTO entanglment survivor #236789 - Ask Extension

PTO entanglment survivor #236789

Are there any programs for financial help with in the agricultural industry or on any federal and / or state government level? Any help would be life saving, I am a survivor of a horrific life changing farm accident "full body PTO ENTANGLEMENT' spinning around on the shaft until help could react to the accident.I was a very young boy when this happened laid in a hospital for nearly a year most of the time i was in traction, keeping alignment of spine, legs, ankles, toes fractured or broken also right arm 70%severed at the shoulder, Multiple head fractures and concussions and internal injures requiring operation after operation and removal of my spleen that's a short overview of the trauma i suffered. I can no longer work from the crippling effects or these injuries takes a new forms of complications. i am 52 years old now and have never looked for help before other than my family and they are elderly and cannot help. If anyone has knowledge of any programs that understand my trauma and can help me fanatically pay basic bills please refure me to them James Carter 803-824-9268 8425 lodge hwy lodge Sc

Colleton County South Carolina

Good morning Mr. Carter, Thank you for you question. Our resources do not cover the question you have. I'm sorry we don't have additional information for this area.
Amy Hays Replied April 14, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
Hi Mr. Carter - Thank you for contacting eXtension. I would recommend that you contact the National AgrAbility Project at 1-800-825-4264. They are a great organization with multiple state projects that work directly with farmers and ranchers after an injury or a disability. The phone number that I provided is for the National Project because South Carolina does not have a state project. This week the National AgrAbility Training Workshop so most people will be out of the office until next week but I encourage you to contact them as soon as possibility. For more information, you can visit their website at: http://www.agrability.org/index.cfm

Linda Fetzer Replied April 14, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT