water specific to College Station, TX residences #207485 - Ask Extension


water specific to College Station, TX residences #207485

Asked August 18, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT

Who can talk to me about College Station water? I'm interested in checking the sodium content of drinking water and discussing ways to address mineral buildup in plumbing lines.

Brazos County Texas

Expert Response

The Texas A&M AgriLIFE Extension Soil, Water and Forage Testing Lab http://soiltesting.tamu.edu/ can analyze your water sample for the presence of minerals. Additionally, they can help interpret the report and discuss strategies to alleviate build-up in your pipes.

Cullen Tittle Replied August 20, 2014, 4:42 PM EDT
I'm interested in having this testing done and discussing with a knowledgeable individual. How can I roll this ball forward?
The Question Asker Replied August 20, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
As far as the testing part, go to the link provided earlier and see their instructions related to sample collection, packaging and delivery. When the analysis is completed, all them 845-4816 and visit about the results. As far as mitigating the buildup in the pipes, lab might be able to help. Have you contacted a company that drills wells?
Cullen Tittle Replied August 20, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply. My situation is not well water. My water is supplied by CS Utilities in Brazos County. Is your advice the same, or does that change things?
The Question Asker Replied August 20, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Advice is the same. All public water retailers (supply sources - rural or urban) must test their water regularly and provide results to their users (public). Call the city utilities (water department) and visit with them about your situation. Some companies sell water softener/enhancement systems designed to remove minerals. All the water supplier must do is meet established guidelines, not necessarily exceed them.
Cullen Tittle Replied August 25, 2014, 9:04 AM EDT

Loading ...