Can I grow grape vine in ... #180834 - Ask Extension

Can I grow grape vine in ... #180834

Can I grow grape vine in a huge pot for as long as its age? I want to make a movable bed for the vine like in the image. Idea behind this is to keep it on the belcony. And may or may not need to move from that location. I am from the maldives where there is only 2 warm seasons. A hot and a warm rainy season. Mostly sunny though. Any idea or suggestion will be appreciated. Good day Jin

Multnomah County Outside United States

It is possible to grow a grape vine in a container. As it ages (5-10 years), it may become somewhat root bound, but that should not be a insurmountable problem. A large container will weight quite a bit, depending on the soil mix. Be sure you balcony is strong enough to support the weight.
Bruce Bordelon Replied May 12, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT