I have recently inherited... #179199 - Ask Extension

I have recently inherited... #179199

I have recently inherited a pressure cooker purchased in 1952 by my Grandmother. It is a Karen Dial-O-Matic Kooker (images are attached). I was told that I could have the pressure cooker tested to see if everything is in working condition. Is this a service that you can provide?? My mother told me that she had her pressure cooker tested by the Franklin County Extension many years ago and suggested that I contact you to see if that service is still on-going. Please advise. Thank you kindly.

Franklin County Ohio

It depends on the canner. This looks like one that the gauge comes off and can be tested. I would have to also see the underneath of the canner lid.
Linnette Goard Replied May 09, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
If I took a picture of the underside of the lid, could you confirm whether or not it could be tested??  I can even get a better picture of the gauge.  Thank you.
The Question Asker Replied May 09, 2014, 10:28 AM EDT
That would help. Also, does the gauge come off the lid?
Linnette Goard Replied May 09, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
The gauge does not look like it comes off the lid.  I have included several close up pictures of the gauge itself and the underside of the lid.  I can provide more if necessary.
The Question Asker Replied May 12, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It looks like we could test it.  We just need to be able to place the gauge on our testing unit. 
Linnette Goard Replied May 12, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
Can I bring it in during your business hours??  Is there a cost for the testing service??
The Question Asker Replied May 12, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
I am actually located in Medina.  I am trying to find out if the Extension office in Franklin County can test it for you.  If not, would you be able to take it to a nearby county?
Linnette Goard Replied May 12, 2014, 2:18 PM EDT
If Franklin County cannot test it, could Pickaway or Ross do it??  If Franklin can, could you please provide the contact information??  There is a lot of information on this website to delve through.  Thank you.
The Question Asker Replied May 12, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Yes, I will find out who can test it for you and send you the contact information.  Thanks for your patience.
Linnette Goard Replied May 12, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
You have been a tremendous help.  Thank you once again.
The Question Asker Replied May 12, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Linnette,
Have you been able to find someone who can test the pressure cooker??  Please advise.  Thank you.
The Question Asker Replied May 20, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Could you send me your direct email to Goard.1@osu.edu? Thanks.
Linnette Goard Replied May 20, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT