prowl freeze #174235 - Ask Extension

prowl freeze #174235

Prowl exposed to winter freeze in north mi. [sub zero]...will such deteriorate effectiveness now?...crop is vinifera grapes...last year's planting...prr emergent for weeds..Prowl

Grand Traverse County Michigan

Soil temperatures under the deep snow cover we experienced remained quite warm compared to the sub-zero temps recorded above the snow.  Many growers reported to me that the soils never froze this winter due to the heavy snow cover.  I would not expect any significant degradation of Prowl's effectiveness due to cold. 
Erwin Elsner, Ph.D. Replied April 15, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Prowl exposure not that applied, but stored in shed from last year and submitted to below zero temps in the bottle and desire to apply soon...remain effective?
The Question Asker Replied April 15, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
I do not know the answer to this question.  A product representative from the manufacturer would be able to help you.  There may also be information on the label which may provide an answer.
Erwin Elsner, Ph.D. Replied April 16, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT