What is this #167668 - Ask Extension

What is this #167668

this is a bush that is over grown I was wondering what it is to see if I should take it out or if I should keep it.

Montgomery County Texas

Eleagnus is the typ of shrub.  I have included information on the shrub below for your review.  It is an acceptable shrub for our area.
Thanks for your question. 

"A large tough dense evergreen shrub that can grow rapidly to 6 to 10 feet tall and wide but often is kept smaller. It has angular branches bearing large linear ovate leaves that are silvery in new growth and mature to an olive green color dotted with silver scales on the upper surface and solid silver-dotted with brown scales beneath. Fragrant, small creamy-white flowers in pendant cluster appear in the fall followed by brownish red fruit. Can be grown in full sun to light shade with moderate to low irrigation and is seaside tolerant. Hardy to 0-10°F (damaged reported at -3°F) and useful down to USDA zone 6. "
Michael Potter Replied February 26, 2014, 10:09 AM EST