Hi, I have a spring on my... #157123 - Ask Extension


Hi, I have a spring on my... #157123

Asked October 15, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT

Hi, I have a spring on my farm outside of Hillsboro, Ohio. Bluegrass pipeline wants to run a pipeline across my farm. I would like to get the spring water tested to determine a baseline for the possible impact of the pipeline construction. Can you give me a list of reliable testing laboratories that I can use? Thanks, John

Delaware County Ohio

Expert Response

Unfortunately, I am only familiar with labs in Pennsylvania as I work for Penn State Extension. However, I would recommend you contact your extension office there in Highland County, OH. Their phone number is 937-393-1918. Their address is 119 Governor Foraker Place, Hillsboro, OH 45133.  They should be able to direct you to nearby accredited laboratories. You might also contact your Ohio Environmental Protection Agency Division of Drinking and Ground Waters.  http://epa.ohio.gov/ddagw/DrinkingandGroundWaters.aspx.  It appears they have a list of certified laboratories on this web site. You would need to look at it to determine which might be near you.
Best Wishes.

Dana Rizzo Replied October 21, 2013, 7:56 AM EDT

Loading ...