Bamboo Shrinkage and Swelling #156330 - Ask Extension

Bamboo Shrinkage and Swelling #156330

What are the effects of shrinkage and swelling on untreated bamboo in service, and what is the significance of studying it.

Allegheny County Outside United States

Bambo is a hygroscopic material meaning that is will give up and absorb moisture from the surrounding environment until an equilibrium is reached. Bamboo will shrink and swell with changes in relative humidity. The type of bamboo, the location it was removed from in the stalk, etc. can influence this behavior. Studying this behavior is important in regards to the proper manufacture and use of bamboo.
Brian Bond Replied October 14, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
i would like to be communicating to you more on this subject.....so this is my email- jndebra@gmail.com..... i would like you to write to me so that we can commence. I would really need some help because i am working on a dissertation. thank you
jndebra@gmail.com
The Question Asker Replied October 16, 2013, 6:53 AM EDT