Hello- I have a small ... #148444 - Ask Extension

Hello- I have a small ... #148444

Hello- I have a small vineyard, 75 vines, near West Concord, MN (60 miles south of Mpls). The vines, mostly Frontenac & Marquette, are not growing as vigoriously as normal and most of the leaves are a yellowish anemic color rather than bright green and they have brown spots and holes. The grapes look OK but I'm afraid the foliage is not healthy enough to ripen the fruit to maturity. I've attached pictures. Can you tell me what may be the issue and if it is better to drop the fruit now and avoid stress on the plant or if the damage is done and I should just wait and see if the fruit ripens? I tested the soil and it was a little low on N, but too much. Thank You! Jerry Lichtsinn 612-805-2078

Hennepin County Minnesota

Check http://www.grapes.msu.edu/septoria.htm to see if this is what you have.  Otherwise you might want to do a soil test.

Dennis Mielke Replied August 22, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT